£25,000 - £30,000
Our client’s tool room is looking for an apprentice trained Tool Maker (preferable not essential).
The position will cover all aspects of the tool room functions
Manufacture/ modification/ repair of pressed tools, jigs and fixtures.
The ability to read interpret drawings, produce bespoke parts for
production machinery, using milling, drilling and grinding machines,
some CNC machine wire eroding would be advantageous.
position of Tool Maker offers an interesting and varied job for an
individual who has practical engineering abilities and proven ability in
meeting deadlines whilst maintaining highest quality standards of
workmanship. They have recently invested a sizable outlay on 4 new machines in the tool room so an exciting time to join a dynamic business.
- Making & assembling radiator press dies
- Debugging press dies new / existing
- Self-inspection of manufactured parts of press die
- Changeover of a press dies to produce a different component.
- Produce bespoke part for production machinery
- Utilise milling, drilling and grinding machines
- Operating and programming CNC Machines
- Jig manufacture, modification and repair
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Fully skilled and apprentice trained in Tool Making (preferable not essential)
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings
- Excellent machining skills: Milling, Grinding, Drilling
- Problem solving skills
- Good attitude towards health & Safety
- Adaptable team player
- CNC Machine wire eroding (Desirable only)